Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You Get What You Earn And You Earn What you Get

                High school basketball, the level before college. Where the sport pays for your education. That’s if you’re good enough. Basketball for varsity higchooler’s means you have love for the game. Certain teams eat, sleep, and breathe basketball. Unfortunality the girls Varsity team for Space Coast doesn’t. Only a couple of the girls want to go play for the next level on our team. I on the other hand am confused. I do want to play in college but at the same time I don’t. My dream was always to play ball in college, but my dream got shut down since I moved here.
 Playing for Space Coast brought my confidence down. When I first started playing for them we were horrible I played varsity since the 9th grade. I didn’t start that year and I barley played. We had 2 different coaches since vie played. And they both left. This makes me feel like we had no help. And that means I had no chance at getting looked at. My second coach is still here, but he’s leaving at the end of the season and our assistant coach is moving up.
Next year’s my senior year, and if we don’t step up our game and play as a team that we had for three years, then we probably will not have scouts looking at us. I’m not used to winning games; we have lost mostly every game that we play. In the past two years we won nine (9) games that is pathetic. The girls on the team don’t really seem to care. They may say that they do but when they go out onto the court and don’t give there all. And when everyone doesn’t give there all, we break apart and look like complete crap.
During my blogging I will tell you about our practices that we’ve had and the games that we had right in our hands. But at the last quarter we lose it. Ill also show you the rankings and the District Games we play on February 2 against Heritage. We’ve beat Heritage twice already let’s see if we can pull together as a team and go father then we did last year. As coach says, “You get what you earn and you earn what you get.”

              2009

2 comments:

  1. Hello ANGIE GALINUS. Ma'am your blog definatley expresses your love for Viper Basketball. And you can tell from your picture that you are obviously BEAST MODE. That is a very legitament photograph above. You have a lot of passion in what you do. This is very inspirational to me about the passion of basketball that you represent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellz yea! I hope you can make it too college playing the game you love. You should talk to your coach about getting a college coach to come to one of you games. And you should just talk to the coach also about the team. I hope you guys do better next season. Good luck! :) P.S. Magic all day! haha

    ReplyDelete